SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A 15-year-old boy who was shot and killed in San Francisco’s Sunset District on Monday afternoon has been identified as Daly City resident Reajohn Jackson.
Police responded around noon to a shooting near Sunset Boulevard and Kirkham Street, police Officer Giselle Talkoff said.
The victim, a 15-year-old boy, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, Talkoff said. Police had previously said the victim’s injuries were not considered life-threatening.
The victim may have been shot while driving, Talkoff said.
No suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department’s anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with “SFPD” in the message.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HIGHWAY 880 FATAL ACCIDENT INCLUDES ONE CHILD
- POLICE ARREST SECOND SUSPECT IN BART MOB ATTACK
- FATAL SHOOTING NEAR OAKLAND HOME DEPOT STORE
- 1 DEAD, 8 WOUNDED IN SAN DIEGO POOL PARTY SHOOTING
- TRUMP: ‘I WOULD BE HONORED TO’ MEET NORTH KOREAN LEADERS
- SPRING HEAT WAVE HITS THE BAY AREA
- RAIDERS PICK LAS VEGAS STADIUM SITE