HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities say a man fatally shot his girlfriend in Houston, firing at her repeatedly while at least one of her children watched.
Harris County sheriff’s Sgt. Greg Pinkins says the shooting Sunday caused other nearby children to flee, running “out of their shoes.”
Pinkins says the 32-year-old woman was arguing with the man in an apartment before she left, taking her three children.
She was in the passenger seat of a car with her 11-year-old child in the back when the 31-year-old man shot her.
Pinkins says another of the woman’s children called 911 and that the gunman surrendered. He is being held at the Harris County jail. Authorities have not released his name.
Pinkins says the suspect is the father of one of the children.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- Dispatch audio from Oakland BART train attack, robbery
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home