SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A pedestrian was struck by a car and killed in front of a freeway entrance in San Francisco Monday morning.
The accident was reported just before 4:30 a.m. at the Octavia on-ramp to southbound Highway 101.
The pedestrian was crossing the street inside of a crosswalk when the car spun out and hit them.
The on-ramp was closed while authorities investigated the incident.
Around 4:50 a.m., the area was reopened to traffic.
No further details about the accident are available at this time.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
Another HOT-SPOT/SIG-ALERT in #SanFrancisco The Octavia onramp to SB 101 is closed to investigate a FATAL crash.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) May 1, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- Dispatch audio from Oakland BART train attack, robbery
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home