FOLSOM, Calif. (AP) — Authorities are searching for a 14-year-old boy who went missing while playing with friends in a Northern California river.
KCRA-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2pEkGlG) officials say the teen had been one of five children jumping off rocks and into the American River in Folsom on Monday night.
The Folsom Fire Department says crews looked for the boy for more than two hours before calling off the search. The search was to continue Tuesday.
The children had been swimming in the area between the Rainbow Bridge and Negro Bar State Park.
Fire officials say the search has gone from a rescue to a recovery operation.
The California State Parks Department and the California Highway Patrol are assisting in the search efforts.
Top Posts & Pages
- VIDEO: Rattlesnake bite on Mission Peak near Fremont sends hiker to hospital in serious condition
- Watch KRON 4 newscasts on live streams
- VIDEO: Teen boy shot, killed in San Francisco’s Sunset District identified
- VIDEO: Children among 2 killed, 3 injured in crash on Highway 880 in Oakland
- 22-year-old Pittsburg man killed in shooting near Oakland Home Depot store
- VIDEO: 2 deadly traffic accidents on Highway 880, 1 in San Francisco Monday morning
- Florida woman arrested after agreeing to swap sex for chicken McNuggets
- Watch KRON 4 Morning News to win!
- VIDEO: Employee arrested for allegedly recording women, children inside Half Moon Bay restaurant’s restroom
- VIDEO: Thousands expected to march, protest across Bay Area for May Day