SAN JOSE (BCN) — A 67-year-old homicide suspect with pre-existing medical conditions died in the custody of the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday morning, according to deputies.
The man, whose name will not be released until his next of kin can be notified, was booked into the county jail on Sept. 9, 2014.
On April 13, he was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose, where he was pronounced dead at 8:49 a.m. Tuesday.
Detectives with the sheriff’s office are investigating the death. The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office and the Santa Clara County coroner’s office have also been notified as a matter of standard protocol for any in-custody death, according to deputies.
Medical staff at the county jail were made aware of the man’s pre-existing medical conditions during the booking process, deputies said.
They’re not immediately releasing any other information about the case.
Top Posts & Pages
- VIDEO: Rattlesnake bite on Mission Peak near Fremont sends hiker to hospital in serious condition
- Watch KRON 4 newscasts on live streams
- VIDEO: Teen boy shot, killed in San Francisco’s Sunset District identified
- VIDEO: Children among 2 killed, 3 injured in crash on Highway 880 in Oakland
- 22-year-old Pittsburg man killed in shooting near Oakland Home Depot store
- VIDEO: 2 deadly traffic accidents on Highway 880, 1 in San Francisco Monday morning
- Florida woman arrested after agreeing to swap sex for chicken McNuggets
- Watch KRON 4 Morning News to win!
- VIDEO: Mother stabs woman in self-defense during road rage incident outside San Francisco school
- VIDEO: Employee arrested for allegedly recording women, children inside Half Moon Bay restaurant’s restroom