OAKLAND (KRON) — The Golden State Warriors will celebrate the 2007 “We Believe” team tonight during Game 1 of the NBA Western Conference Semifinals at Oracle Arena on Tuesday night.
The celebration marks the 10-year anniversary of the 2006-2007 Warriors completing their historic first-round upset over the top-seeded Dallas Mavericks on May 3, 2007.
During that series, the Warriors posted a 111-86 victory in Game 6 at Oracle Arena to become the first No. 8 seed to prevail over a No. 1 seed in a best-of-seven NBA playoff series.
Several members of that iconic Warriors team will be present for the celebration, including Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Kelenna Azubuike, Adonal Foyle, Patrick O’Bryant and Zarko Cabarkapa. Current Warriors forward Matt Barnes will also be among the honorees.
Limited-edition, 10-year anniversary T-shirts will be available this morning for purchase at warriorsteamstore.com, and at Oracle Arena tonight.
The shirts will feature the same “We Believe” logo that was emblazoned across the front of the fan T-shirts given away at Oracle Arena throughout the 2007 playoffs. The shirts will also have a special 10-year logo on the sleeve.
The Warriors will host the Utah Jazz for Game 1 of the Western Conference Semifinals at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Oracle Arena.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 6-figure salary considered “low-income” in parts of Bay Area
- 40 to 60 teens swarm Oakland BART train, rob passengers
- Dispatch audio from Oakland BART train attack, robbery
- VIDEO: Starbucks barista has meltdown over Unicorn Frappuccino
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Couple accused of trying to murder baby in San Leandro McDonald’s
- Mountain lion snatches dog off bed inside of Pescadero home