SAN LORENZO (KRON) — The high school student fatally struck by a train Wednesday morning has been identified as 16 year-old Terrence Liu.
The San Lorenzo resident was hit by a Union Pacific train around 8:05 a.m. at Grant and Railroad avenues, according to police.
Liu was pronounced dead at the scene.
The collision occurred near the campus of KIPP King Collegiate High School at 2005 Via Barrett, where Liu was a junior.
“The safety message here is that pedestrians, and everyone, need to be very aware of the hazards associated with trains and should never be on the train tracks or attempt to cross anywhere other than at a designated crossing when signs and signals permit,” Union Pacific spokesman Justin Jacobs said in a statement.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- VIDEO: STABBING SUSPECT KILLED IN SAN FRANCISCO POLICE SHOOTING
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES
- SAN JOSE OFFICER SHOOTS MAN WHILE RESPONDING TO FAMILY DISTURBANCE
- VIDEO: VIOLENT BRAWL ERUPTS BETWEEN PASSENGERS ON LA-BOUND FLIGHT
- RATTLESNAKE BITE ON MISSION PEAK SENDS HIKER TO HOSPITAL
- MOM STABS WOMAN DURING ROAD RAGE INCIDENT OUTSIDE SF SCHOOL
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: PLEASANT HILL MAIL THEFT