HOUSTON, Tex. (KTRK) — An ordained deacon is facing charges he sexually assaulted two young boys, and police believe there may be other victims.
Houston police said Barry Durrell, 55, assaulted a 2-year-old boy last May inside a closet at the Houston Seventh-day Adventist Church on West Sam Houston Parkway North.
Police said the child came forward about the alleged assault in February of this year, and Durrell was arrested in March after he confessed.
Family members allege the second boy, a 7-year-old boy, was victimized inside a restroom at the church while he was attending class.
Police said family members claimed Durrell repeatedly assaulted the 7-year-old at two other locations as well. Police said Durrell would be with the boy’s family, who he befriended, and took the child to the restroom to perform oral sex on him.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- VIDEO: STABBING SUSPECT KILLED IN SAN FRANCISCO POLICE SHOOTING
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES
- SAN JOSE OFFICER SHOOTS MAN WHILE RESPONDING TO FAMILY DISTURBANCE
- VIDEO: VIOLENT BRAWL ERUPTS BETWEEN PASSENGERS ON LA-BOUND FLIGHT
- RATTLESNAKE BITE ON MISSION PEAK SENDS HIKER TO HOSPITAL
- MOM STABS WOMAN DURING ROAD RAGE INCIDENT OUTSIDE SF SCHOOL
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: PLEASANT HILL MAIL THEFT