ATLANTA (KRON) — A rookie Atlanta police officer went above and beyond to help a young girl who was caught stealing a $2 pair of shoes.
It happened back in February. Officer Che Milton says the girl told him she was trying to do something nice for her 5-year-old sister.
She says a $2 pair of shoes is too much for her family to afford.
Officer Milton took the girl home and that’s when he saw the conditions the family of seven was living in.
There were barely enough beds, a sofa, and hardly any food in the house.
So, officer Milton bought four large pizzas for the family.
The Atlanta Police Department soon heard the story and decided to share it.
The department was overwhelmed with support for the family and posted all the information on how to help the family on the police Facebook page.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DOUBLE HOMICIDE SUSPECT SHOT AND KILLED BY SAN JOSE POLICE
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY
- ARMY PHOTOGRAPHER CAPTURED HER OWN DEATH IN MORTAR EXPLOSION
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES
- MOM STABS WOMAN DURING ROAD RAGE INCIDENT OUTSIDE SF SCHOOL
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: PLEASANT HILL MAIL THEFT