FAIRFIELD (KRON) — A wanted felon was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of drug and firearm offenses.
Officers spotted 28-year-old Lavell James, who was wanted for a probation violation, on the 1100 block of Union Avenue, according to police.
James was detained after a brief struggle.
He allegedly tried to throw a loaded firearm and a bag of heroin under his car, which police later recovered, according to authorities.
James, a convicted felon, was arrested on suspicion of possessing narcotics for sale, a firearm, resisting arrest and violating probation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- VIDEO: STABBING SUSPECT KILLED IN SAN FRANCISCO POLICE SHOOTING
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES
- SAN JOSE OFFICER SHOOTS MAN WHILE RESPONDING TO FAMILY DISTURBANCE
- VIDEO: VIOLENT BRAWL ERUPTS BETWEEN PASSENGERS ON LA-BOUND FLIGHT
- RATTLESNAKE BITE ON MISSION PEAK SENDS HIKER TO HOSPITAL
- MOM STABS WOMAN DURING ROAD RAGE INCIDENT OUTSIDE SF SCHOOL
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: PLEASANT HILL MAIL THEFT