CASTRO VALLEY (KRON) — An arrest has been made in the brutal murder of a Castro Valley woman.
36-year-old Luckie Dacany of Stockton has been charged with the murder of Andrea St. John.
The 59-year-old’s charred remains were found in the garage of her Castro Valley home in December of last year.
Officials say Dacany killed St. John with a knife then set her house on fire.
Court documents show he acknowledged responsibility for the homicide and provided details only law enforcement would know about the case.
Dacany faces the death penalty if convicted.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FLARING AT VALERO REFINERY PROMPTS EVACUATIONS IN BENICIA
- SUSPECT IN CUSTODY FOR 2004 JENNER BEACH MURDERS
- JOAQUIN ‘EL CHAPO’ GUZMAN WILL BE TRIED IN US IN APRIL 2018
- LARGE SINKHOLE SWALLOWS BIG RIG IN SAN FRANCISCO
- SAN JOSE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT MAN WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED EX’S PARENTS
- UNIVERSITYOF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- TEEN WITH AUTISM DENIED UN TRIP HE WON WITH ESSAY CONTEST
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY