LAS VEGAS (AP) — Police in Las Vegas are looking for an assailant who they say struck and killed a 45-year-old California man with a single punch during a brief confrontation on a downtown entertainment district sidewalk.
Officer Jacinto Rivera said Friday that investigators are trying to identify a man seen on police security video walking and then running away with another man following the attack early Sunday on Fremont Street.
The Clark County coroner says Luis Campos of La Puente, California, died Thursday at a Las Vegas hospital.
Campos’ brother, Drake Garibay, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal (http://bit.ly/2qAoNjy ) they were standing in line outside a club when the attacker stopped while walking past on the sidewalk, asked what Campos was looking at, and punched him.
Garibay said his brother never regained consciousness.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FLARING AT VALERO REFINERY PROMPTS EVACUATIONS IN BENICIA
- SUSPECT IN CUSTODY FOR 2004 JENNER BEACH MURDERS
- JOAQUIN ‘EL CHAPO’ GUZMAN WILL BE TRIED IN US IN APRIL 2018
- LARGE SINKHOLE SWALLOWS BIG RIG IN SAN FRANCISCO
- SAN JOSE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT MAN WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED EX’S PARENTS
- UNIVERSITYOF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- TEEN WITH AUTISM DENIED UN TRIP HE WON WITH ESSAY CONTEST
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY