Firefighters extinguish electrical fire in Atherton

ATHERTON (BCN) — Firefighters responded Wednesday to an explosion and shed fire in Atherton.

Menlo Park Fire Protection District personnel responded Wednesday at 3:50 a.m. to a home on Holbrook Lane and located a shed and fence behind the home’s garage that were burning.

Firefighters managed knock down the fire by 4 a.m.

Investigators determined the fire was likely started by electrical wiring that was used to power a pump needed as part of a well water system.

The fire caused an estimated $6,000 in damage to the shed and fence.

There were no injuries reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s