HUMBOLT COUNTY (KRON)–A Marin County deputy coroner was arrested Thursday in Eureka for allegedly molesting a minor, according to Humbolt County jail officials.
The sexual abuse went on multiple times between 2008 and 2011.
The victim was between 14-17 years old during that time span.
Harris is being charged with one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14 years old, lewd acts and oral sex with a minor, and a misdemeanor charge of sexual battery involving the female victim.
The Santa Rosa Police Department will be leading the investigation due to a conflict of interest with Harris formerly working for the Marin County Sheriff’s Department.
He is in Humbolt County Jail and will be arraigned on Monday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT MAN WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED EX’S PARENTS
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- TEEN WITH AUTISM DENIED UN TRIP HE WON WITH ESSAY CONTEST
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY
- ARMY PHOTOGRAPHER CAPTURED HER OWN DEATH IN MORTAR EXPLOSION
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES