LARGO, FL (WFLA) – A 62-year-old woman who was artificially inseminated and gave birth to a baby who was killed by her six-year-old son was sentenced on Monday.
Kathleen Steele was sentenced to five years’ probation, after pleading guilty to leaving the child unattended in the car with the six-year-old.
The baby was 13 days-old when Steele’s son beat her to death.
Steele was charged with aggravated manslaughter in connection with the infant’s death.
Steele’s sons were alone with their little sister in her van, the baby started crying. Officials said the 6-year-old boy took the baby from her car seat, shook her and slammed her head against the ceiling.
The sheriff said that an autopsy showed the baby girl suffered severe head trauma and had multiple skull fractures.
The six-year-old was not criminally charged. He and his younger brother were taken into DCF custody.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FAMILY SUES BART OVER MOB ATTACK
- MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER, TORTURE OF CASTRO VALLEY GRANDMOTHER
- 2 DEAD FOLLOWING PLANE CRASH IN NAPA COUNTY
- POLICE: ARMY VET CHARGED IN FATAL SHOOTING OF SERVICE DOG FOUND DEAD
- 11-YEAR-OLD GIRL REVIVED WITH NARCAN AFTER OVERDOSE
- DEPUTIES: INTOXICATED WOMAN PASSES OUT AT WHEEL WITH TODDLER IN BACKSEAT
- MAN TO GET LIFE TERM FOR KILLING OF 7-YEAR-OLD SON
- MARIN COUNTY DEPUTY CORONER CHARGED WITH MOLESTING MINOR