FREMONT (KRON) — The special needs van that was stolen from a Fremont home Saturday has been found, according to police.
Sometimes between 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., the van was taken from the 300 block of Blake Ave.
The van, like the one pictured above, belongs to a disabled woman and contains special equipment, including a wheelchair lift.
The victim’s electric scooter was also inside the van when it was stolen.
“The loss of the vehicle is devastating to the victim and we are asking for the public’s assistance to help locate it,” police said.
Police put out a photo of the van and information about the theft on social media and said Monday morning that a community member saw one of the posts and spotted the van.
Police found the van on Parkside Drive. Information about who might have stolen the vehicle was not immediately available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT MAN WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED EX’S PARENTS
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- TEEN WITH AUTISM DENIED UN TRIP HE WON WITH ESSAY CONTEST
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY
- ARMY PHOTOGRAPHER CAPTURED HER OWN DEATH IN MORTAR EXPLOSION
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES