NOVATO (KRON) — The recent winter storms had a crippling effect on Highway 37 in Novato.
Flooding forced crews to shut down the highway several different times and it took several days before it could reopen.
It is estimated that it will cost $11.5 million to make repairs on the road that would prevent future flooding.
And now, city leaders are considering different ways to get that money and get it fast.
One idea that is gaining a lot of traction is adding tollways to Highway 37.
That way, the city can generate enough money to fix the flood-prone section of Highway 37.
Right now, it is just an idea.
No word when a decision will be made.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FAMILY SUES BART OVER MOB ATTACK
- MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER, TORTURE OF CASTRO VALLEY GRANDMOTHER
- 2 DEAD FOLLOWING PLANE CRASH IN NAPA COUNTY
- POLICE: ARMY VET CHARGED IN FATAL SHOOTING OF SERVICE DOG FOUND DEAD
- 11-YEAR-OLD GIRL REVIVED WITH NARCAN AFTER OVERDOSE
- DEPUTIES: INTOXICATED WOMAN PASSES OUT AT WHEEL WITH TODDLER IN BACKSEAT
- MAN TO GET LIFE TERM FOR KILLING OF 7-YEAR-OLD SON
- MARIN COUNTY DEPUTY CORONER CHARGED WITH MOLESTING MINOR