BENICIA (KRON) — Flaring will continue Monday at the Valero Refinery in Benicia.
Controlled flares will continue Monday as crews work to restore normal operations of the facility.
Valero has advised the city that it is switching the flaring from the south flare to the north flare.
The switch allows crews adequate time to fully inspect the south flare.
Friday’s flaring released massive plumes of thick black smoke into the air, prompting an evacuation in the area.
As a result of the flaring, the refinery was hit with four fines for violating air pollution rules.
There is no word on what the fines will be nor how much longer the flaring will continue.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT MAN WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED EX’S PARENTS
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS VICTIM ASKED TO CALL MOM AS HE WAS DYING
- TEEN WITH AUTISM DENIED UN TRIP HE WON WITH ESSAY CONTEST
- VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN FAKING HER OWN WORKPLACE INJURY
- ARMY PHOTOGRAPHER CAPTURED HER OWN DEATH IN MORTAR EXPLOSION
- CALIFORNIA HOMEOWNER HOLDS TEEN BURGLARY SUSPECTS AT GUNPOINT
- WOMAN MOVES INTO NEW HOUSE, FINDS NEARLY 100 SNAKES