NEW YORK (KRON) — The injuries–and losses–continue to pile up for the San Francisco Giants this season.
The Giants placed closer Mark Melancon on the 10-disabled list with a mild right pronator strain.
No corresponding move has been announced. That move is expected to happen on Wednesday.
This season, Melancon is 0-1 with a 2.53 ERA. He has blown two saves in eight tries this season.
The 32-year-old right-hander was signed in the offseason as a free agent.
The Giants are currently the worst team in baseball at 11-22.
Melancon has not pitched since May 3 against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
KRON4’s Gary Radnich will have more during our 6, 8, and 10 p.m. newscasts.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- SIERRA LAMAR’S MOTHER IS ‘GRATEFUL & BLESSED’ AFTER HEARING MURDER CONVICTION
- VIDEO: ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES’ FAMILY STAYS SILENT AFTER GUILTY VERDICT
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- JUDGE TOSSES AARON HERNANDEZ’S CONVICTION IN 2013 MURDER
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY