BANFF NATIONAL PARK, Canada (CNN Newsource) — Some hikers who were chased by a giant grizzly bear are crediting a dog named Momo for saving their lives.
They took this video moments after escaping the bear in Canada’s Banff National Park on Sunday.
Three friends were hiking a mountain when the bear started charging them, not letting up for some 20 minutes.
At one point, they released their dog who went in the opposite direction of the group, along with the bear.
They all made it back to a parking area where they hid in a truck until the bear finally left.
One of the hikers said it was an awful experience and that they couldn’t shake the thought that they almost got mauled or killed by a grizzly.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- SIERRA LAMAR’S MOTHER IS ‘GRATEFUL & BLESSED’ AFTER HEARING MURDER CONVICTION
- VIDEO: ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES’ FAMILY STAYS SILENT AFTER GUILTY VERDICT
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- JUDGE TOSSES AARON HERNANDEZ’S CONVICTION IN 2013 MURDER
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY