(KRON) — Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez, the fiancée of former New England Patriots football star Aaron Hernandez, is speaking out about his suicide for the first time.
Hernandez committed suicide last month while serving a life sentence following a murder conviction.
“I thought it was a hoax, that this was some cruel person playing a trick on me,” Jenkins-Hernandez said on receiving the phone call that he was dead.
In the revealing interview, Jenkins-Hernandez sets the record straight about her fiancé’s mysterious jail cell death, rumors about his purported secret romantic life, and if she thinks he killed himself so that she could collect millions of dollars.
The two-part Dr. Phil episode will air on Monday, May 15th and Tuesday, May 16th on KRON4 at 4 p.m.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- MISSING SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT LAST SEEN GETTING IN LYFT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY