SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Next time you watch an NBA playoff game, ask yourself, “What am I getting from those sideline interviews with the head coaches?”
San Antonio’s Greg Popovich each and every time pretty much makes fools of the poor souls who have 45 seconds to try and be entertaining.
“You are down 10 what must you do to catch up?” is the typical question.
Popovich usually answers, “Make some baskets.”
Turner broadcaster Kevin Harlan told us that experienced journalists like David Aldridge have reached the point where they are embarrassed to bother the coaches during a timeout.
You can’t name a coach who enjoys it.
Only a young broadcaster relishes the assignment.
They probably will continue though because a television executive feels cosmetically its good television.
As for truly learning anything, let me know the first time it happens.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- MISSING SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT LAST SEEN GETTING IN LYFT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY