LOS ANGELES (WCMH) – A Palmdale, California babysitter was convicted Tuesday of killing a four-month-old boy she was supposed to be watching.
Brittany Ann Ingrassi, 31, was convicted of second-degree murder, assault on a child becoming comatose, child abuse and assault on a child causing death.
Ingrassi will be sentenced on June 2. She faces 25 years to life in prison.
The death happened March 22, 2016 when baby Aiden Lopez was left with Ingrassi. When the boy’s mother returned that evening, Ingrassi met her outside and said the baby was not breathing, according to prosecutors.
The mother called 911 and Aiden was taken to an area hospital with skull fractures and a traumatic brain injury. He died a few days later.
Prosecutors said Ingrassi was unhappy being a babysitter and was drunk while caring for Aiden.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- MISSING SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT LAST SEEN GETTING IN LYFT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY