LAFAYETTE (KRON) — Fire officials in Contra Costa County are investigating a string of car fires that happened in the last few days.
Two cars fires were reported early Thursday morning in Brentwood. The day before, just after midnight, two car fires were also reported to be on fire, one of them in Lafayette and the other was nearby in Walnut Creek.
According to a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District dispatcher, a vehicle fire was reported at 3:28 a.m. Thursday morning at 1156 Hollowbrook Court.
At 3:38 a.m., another vehicle fire was reported about a mile away at 1845 Highland Way, the dispatcher said.
According to the dispatcher, there were no reports of injuries and the two fires did not appear to be related at the time.
But investigators now say recent vehicle fires in Brentwood, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, and Martinez are probably related.
“We do believe we have somebody who is setting fires to vehicles,” Fire Marshal Robert Marshall said.
The exact number of vehicle fires has not been disclosed, but investigators believe recent incidents may be tied to other cases earlier this year.
There appear to be some common characteristics connecting the fires. All of them occurred during the early morning hours, generally between midnight and 4 a.m.
“What we’re really asking for is the public’s help,” Marshall said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- MISSING SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT LAST SEEN GETTING IN LYFT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY