POINT PLEASANT, WV (WOWK) — A woman has been arrested after police say she left her 19-month-old great-grandchild in a hot car, resulting in death.
Cpl. Ward with WVSP Mason County Detachment says that Carolyn Davis, 67, of Point Pleasant, is being charged with child neglect resulting in death.
According to police, Davis was babysitting the infant and a 4-year-old sibling when she left the infant in the car, with the windows up, for several hours on April 5th, 2017.
They say the child was left in the car between 7:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m while Davis was inside her residence with the 4-year-old.
The cause of death is believed to be heat exposure.
Cpl. Ward tells 13 News that Davis had been watching the kids for several months while the mother left for work.
The home was reported as being in bad condition with little room for the children to sleep. Police believe this was a contributing factor why she left the infant in the car.
Davis was arrested May 5th, 2017 after officers finished compiling reports.
She was extradited from the Gallia County Jail to West Virginia and was arraigned in court today.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE