MONTEREY COUNTY (BCN)–A transient man who sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl inside a Monterey Starbucks last year was sentenced to two years in prison, Monterey
County prosecutors said Wednesday.
In March, Kyle Gray, 34, had been found guilty of committing lewd acts on a 15-year-old.
In the incident, which occurred on Dec. 13 at a Starbucks in downtown Monterey, Gray approached the victim after he asked how old she was before attempting to kiss her neck and hug her.
Gray also touched the victim’s chest, prosecutors said.
When the victim broke away from Gray, he approached her again later, grabbing her hand and pulling it toward his groin area, according to prosecutors.
The victim was able to get away and she immediately reported the incident to a security guard and police.
During the trial, the victim testified that she was hesitant to report the incident, but did so out of fear that he would do the same to others.
Prosecutors described the victim as brave for testifying against Gray.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- MISSING SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT LAST SEEN GETTING IN LYFT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE
- ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING MORGAN HILL TEEN SIERRA LAMAR
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- VIDEO: CHAOS AT FLORIDA AIRPORT AFTER FLIGHTS CANCELLED
- VIDEO: 68-YEAR-OLD WOMAN THROWN INTO POOL WHILE TRYING TO BREAK UP PARTY