BERKELEY (KRON) — A prayer service will be held at UC Berkeley for the rugby player who was severely injured during a game over the weekend.
20-year-old Robert Paylor was playing in a championship game on Saturday when he was injured on the field.
Paylor was rushed to the hospital.
He was left paralyzed from the chest down with limited mobility in his arms.
At 8 p.m., there will be a prayer service on the Berkeley campus in Newman Hall Holy Spirit Parish.
His family is also asking for donations on a GoFundMe page to go toward his medical expenses.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- UCSF PSYCHIATRIST, ROOMMATE ARRESTED ON CHILD PORN CHARGES
- CUPERTINO HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAYER DIES AFTER GAME
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT