SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) — A drive-by shooting had shut down southbound U.S. Highway 101 Thursday afternoon near Healdsburg, according to officials.
But 101 at Dry Creek in Healdsburg has reopened.
Sonoma County Sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Crum said two shooting victims were found on the side of the highway just north of Westside Road. The men shot are in the hospital with serious injuries.
The incident was reported at 12:12 p.m., CHP officials said.
A full highway closure is in effect at the Dry Creek Road on-ramp to southbound Highway 101 at 12:54 p.m., according to the CHP.
The California Highway Patrol, Healdsburg police, and the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office have responded to the shooting.
The two victims had stopped at a food truck parked on Lytton Springs Rd. near 101. A verbal altercation happened there, the CHP said.
When they got into their white Honda Accord and entered 101 South, suspects in a truck fired several shots at them, the CHP said. This happened about two miles south of Lytton Springs Road.
After being shot, the driver pulled over to the right just north of Westside Road.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
Healdsburg – Southbound US101 CLOSED at Dry Creek due to police activity. It is unknown when it will reopen. https://t.co/kaSf4b24zm
— CHP Santa Rosa (@CHPSantaRosa) May 11, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE