WALNUT CREEK (KRON) — The Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office officially filed several charges against a Walnut Creek doctor accused of sexually assaulting one of his patients.
Rajesh Singla was arrested on Monday after that patient reported to police that she was sexually assaulted during a recent appointment.
Singla is a family practice doctor at the John Muir Outpatient Clinic.
Investigators are looking for any additional victims. He now faces five felony charges and two misdemeanors.
John Muir Health did release a statement saying Dr. Singla is currently on leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
Here are the charges:
- 1 felony count of attempted forcible oral copulation
- 4 felony counts of sexual battery by restraint
- 1 misdemeanor count indecent exposure
- 1 misdemeanor count lewd act in public
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- UCSF PSYCHIATRIST, ROOMMATE ARRESTED ON CHILD PORN CHARGES
- CUPERTINO HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAYER DIES AFTER GAME
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT