(KRON) — KRON4 has a warning for sushi and seafood eaters Friday night.
A report published Friday says a disease caused by raw fish is on the rise.
Experts say the disease is found in certain types of fish that have been contaminated by a parasite.
The types of fish that can be affected are salmon, herring, cod, mackerel, halibut, red snapper, and some squid.
Doctors say the disease can be cured if it is treated quickly.
CNN contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ALAMEDA CO. SHERIFF’S DEPUTY KILLED IN I-580 BUS CRASH
- CHP OAKLAND CATCHES PERSON USING DOLL TO CHEAT IN CARPOOL LANE
- VIDEO SHOWS 8-YEAR-OLD BOY BEING BULLIED TWO DAYS BEFORE HE COMMITS SUICIDE
- GLOBAL CYBERATTACK CRIPPLES COMPUTERS DEMANDING RANSOM
- SERIAL ARSONIST BELIEVED RESPONSIBLE FOR SEVEN EAST BAY CAR FIRES
- FIANCEE: AARON HERNANDEZ THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BE FREED
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?