DANVILLE (KRON) — The Science Building at Danville’s Monte Vista High School was evacuated Friday after a teacher’s science experiment did not go as planned, according to fire officials.
At 11:15 a.m., a teacher conducting a science experiment got a reaction that she did not anticipate.
The teacher got the students out of the classroom and called the fire department.
San Ramon Valley Fire Department responded in hazmat gear.
They isolated and neutralized the materials and gave the all clear at 1:30 p.m.
About 23 students were examined but no injuries were reported.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE