VACAVILLE (KRON) — Vacaville police have released video showing why Vaca Pena Middle School was placed on lockdown Friday morning.
There were reports of a student with a gun, which turned out to be a BB gun.
Police say they found it inside a 15-year-old student’s backpack.
“We are extremely thankful for the quick assistance of the Vaca Pena staff this morning in helping us resolve this incident quickly and safely,” police said on Facebook.
The teen boy was arrested and charged with bringing a weapon onto school grounds.
“Bottom line: if this were pointed at you, would you be scared for your life?” police said on Facebook.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ALAMEDA CO. SHERIFF’S DEPUTY KILLED IN I-580 BUS CRASH
- CHP OAKLAND CATCHES PERSON USING DOLL TO CHEAT IN CARPOOL LANE
- VIDEO SHOWS 8-YEAR-OLD BOY BEING BULLIED TWO DAYS BEFORE HE COMMITS SUICIDE
- GLOBAL CYBERATTACK CRIPPLES COMPUTERS DEMANDING RANSOM
- SERIAL ARSONIST BELIEVED RESPONSIBLE FOR SEVEN EAST BAY CAR FIRES
- FIANCEE: AARON HERNANDEZ THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BE FREED
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?