SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) –A suspected serial arsonist has been arrested after a string of East Bay car fires, Contra Costa Fire Protection District announced Saturday morning.
In the past week, seven car fires have been reported in various cities including Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Brentwood, and Martinez.
The 36-year-old man was arrested near a McDonalds on East 2nd Street in Benicia, not too far from where he set fire to another car moments earlier.
The latest arson incident happened in the 400 block of West Seaview.
Due to the similarities of each incident, authorities believe it is the same person starting all these fires.
Authorities believe the suspect is connected to over 40 arson incidents around Contra Costa County, according to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.
He is being held on a $3.1 million bail.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE