OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Ailing Golden State coach Steve Kerr attended the Warriors’ practice Saturday morning, returning to the floor for the first time in more than three weeks.
Kerr sat down and chatted with acting coach Mike Brown for a long stint before calling it a day. The reigning NBA coach of the year is recovering from a procedure to alleviate debilitating symptoms stemming from two back surgeries in 2015.
It was unclear whether the 51-year-old Kerr would watch the Warriors from the arena for Sunday’s Game 1 or stay home.
He attended a meeting at team headquarters Friday, one week after his latest procedure to repair leaking spinal fluid. He was back Saturday for a game-planning session before practice.
The Warriors (8-0) open the Western Conference Finals at home Sunday afternoon against San Antonio.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE