REDWOOD CITY (BCN)–Six new moms along with their husbands and newborns celebrated Mother’s Day at Sequoia Hospital in Redwood City with cupcakes in what’s becoming a hospital tradition, hospital officials said.
The celebration involving moms who gave birth either Friday or Saturday started at 10:30 a.m. at the hospital at 170 Alameda de las Pulgas.
“Our moms really appreciate the recognition and a sweet treat on Mother’s Day and our staff likes to be involved in making them feel special.”
Hospital spokeswoman Claire Henry said parents and staff enjoyed the event so much last year that hospital officials decided to make it an annual event.
Sequoia Hospital doctors deliver 1,200 to 1,500 babies each year.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE