Video courtesy of CNN.
TWIN CITIES (KRON) — This Mother’s Day, a Minnesota mom and daughter are trading in the flowers for diplomas.
After a few twists of fate, the two ended up attending University of Minnesota together.
Today, they will graduate as a team.
“It’ll be a priceless moment. It’ll definitely be a priceless moment,” mother Kyle Samejima said.
After walking the stage, Kyle will explore the possibility of working for a non-profit agency focusing on environmental issues.
Her daughter, Sora Samejima, plans to continue on to grad school to get a masters degree in occupational therapy.
To hear their story, watch the video above!
CNN contributed to this article.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE