LEBANON, Ore. (KOIN) — An Oregon man was arrested Sunday after he allegedly tried shooting his brother during a Mother’s Day barbecue, deputies said.
Hunter Gomez, 34, was at his mother’s home on Vaughn Lane when his brother, 35-year-old Billy Jack Gomez, shot at him at 4:30 p.m., Linn County Sheriff’s Office said.
Investigators said the brothers had gotten into a brief scuffle before the barbecue, and Billy Jack went inside to get a high caliber rifle as Hunter prepared the grill.
Billy Jack was reportedly in the living room when he fired a shot through a screen door, narrowly missing Hunter. Deputies said the bullet hit the ground.
The 35-year-old was arrested for attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- CALIFORNIA BABYSITTER CONVICTED OF MURDER IN DEATH OF 4-MONTH-OLD BOY
- SAN FRANCISCO POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SUBWAY
- PARENTS WARNED ABOUT POTENTIALLY DEADLY ‘BLUE WHALE GAME’
- LOS ANGELES WOMAN ASSAULTED DURING INSTAGRAM DATE
- WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS FORCED TO PEE IN CUP ON UNITED FLIGHT
- ONLY ON 4: ATTACK ON SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENT POSTED ONLINE