MARTINEZ (KRON) — Martinez is like most cities and towns in the Bay Area in that homeless people live there too.
But the police chief in Martinez had the idea to kick-start a partnership with the Contra Costa County Health Department.
And as part of our ongoing KRON4 Heroes segment profiling Bay Area first responders, the Martinez officer at the heart of the homeless issue is Rodney Brinser whose heart is what sets him apart.
Watch the above video to see Grant’s full report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WOMAN ACCUSED OF ASSAULTING VICTIM WITH ROCK AT PITTSBURG BART STATION
- 2 INJURED IN HAYWARD FREEWAY SHOOTING
- OFFICER ACCIDENTALLY OVERDOSES AFTER TOUCHING FENTANYL DURING DRUG RESPONSE
- DEPUTIES SAY STABBING SUSPECT WAS CARRYING ‘HUMAN HEAD’
- ONLY ON KRON4: SOUTH BAY GRANDMA SCAMMED OUT OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS
- SOCIAL MEDIA-SHAMED THIEF RETURNS PACKAGE TO TEXAS HOMEOWNER
- DO APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DIETS HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?