SANTA BARBARA (KRON) — At least two earthquakes shook the Santa Barbara area on Tuesday night, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The first quake, a magnitude 4.1, hit about 13 kilometers (8 miles) west of Isla Vista at around 9:42 p.m. It had a depth of 2.6 kilometers (1.62 miles).
About 1 minute later, a 3.1 earthquake struck the region.
That one was 14 kilometers (8.7 miles) west-northwest of Isla Vista and had a depth of 6.1 kilometers (3.8 miles).
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MOM DIES ON MOTHER’S DAY PUSHING TEEN DAUGHTER OUT OF THE WAY OF ONCOMING CAR
- SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES WIFE ARRESTED IN DUI CRASH THAT KILLED 3-YEAR-OLD ARRESTED AGAIN
- SIERRA LAMAR PENALTY PHASE BEGINS
- VIDEO: MAN TAPED TO SIDE OF CAR ON OAKLAND FREEWAY
- WHAT HAPPENS TO SEX OFFENDERS IN VIOLATION OF MEGAN’S LAW?
- POLICE: MAN CARRYING MOM’S SEVERED HEAD STABBED STORE CLERK