SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Authorities in San Francisco arrested a 26-year-old man Saturday for allegedly abusing his 10-month-old puppy that was caught on camera.
Zixuan Liu was arrested on suspicion of felony animal cruelty for allegedly hitting, kicking and otherwise mistreating the Shiba Inu puppy, according to San Francisco Animal Care and Control officials.
The charges carry fines of up to $20,000 or possible jail time. Liu has been released on $15,000 bail.
The puppy, Aniki, is being treated for bruises and abrasions and is in the custody of Animal Care and Control.
The puppy is a Shiba Inu.
Anyone with evidence that animals are being mistreated is asked to call Animal Care and Control at (415) 554-9400.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MOM DIES ON MOTHER’S DAY PUSHING TEEN DAUGHTER OUT OF THE WAY OF ONCOMING CAR
- SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES WIFE ARRESTED IN DUI CRASH THAT KILLED 3-YEAR-OLD ARRESTED AGAIN
- SIERRA LAMAR PENALTY PHASE BEGINS
- VIDEO: MAN TAPED TO SIDE OF CAR ON OAKLAND FREEWAY
- WHAT HAPPENS TO SEX OFFENDERS IN VIOLATION OF MEGAN’S LAW?
- POLICE: MAN CARRYING MOM’S SEVERED HEAD STABBED STORE CLERK