SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A shelter in place has been issued, and a San Francisco preschool has been evacuated and closed Tuesday morning due to a bomb threat, according to San Francisco Police Department.
The school, located at 50 Fell St., will be closed for the remainder of the day, police said.
Police say around 9:00 a.m. the school called to report that they received a voicemail about a bomb threat.
San Francisco police responded to the scene and evacuated the building.
The area of Fell St. between Polk St. and Van Ness Ave. is closed while police investigate.
Authorities are asking the public to please avoid the area.
No further details about the situation were released.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this developing story.
— San Francisco Police (@SFPD) May 16, 2017
Avoid the Area / Shelter in Place in the area of Fell St. btwn Polk St. & Van Ness Ave due to Police Activity
— San Francisco DEM (@SF_emergency) May 16, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MOM DIES ON MOTHER’S DAY PUSHING TEEN DAUGHTER OUT OF THE WAY OF ONCOMING CAR
- SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES WIFE ARRESTED IN DUI CRASH THAT KILLED 3-YEAR-OLD ARRESTED AGAIN
- SIERRA LAMAR PENALTY PHASE BEGINS
- VIDEO: MAN TAPED TO SIDE OF CAR ON OAKLAND FREEWAY
- WHAT HAPPENS TO SEX OFFENDERS IN VIOLATION OF MEGAN’S LAW?
- POLICE: MAN CARRYING MOM’S SEVERED HEAD STABBED STORE CLERK