MOUNTAIN VIEW (KRON) — Three people were hurt after a fire broke out at the Google I/O conference in Mountain View on Thursday afternoon.
The fire broke out at Shoreline just before 4 p.m., according to Mountain View fires spokeswoman Lynn Brown. The fire has since been put out.
It appears it started in a kitchen there.
One person with rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Two others were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
No other information has been made available by police.
Google has issued the following statement:
We can confirm there was a small fire in a kitchen at Shoreline Ampitheatre. We’re thankful to the fire department for putting it out and ensuring everyone’s safety. No attendees were hurt but regretfully, 3 event staff were injured and we’re making sure they receive the proper treatment.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
— Mountain View Police (@MountainViewPD) May 18, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE BOY DIES AFTER GETTING MENINGITIS
- CAR DRIVES WRONG WAY IN TIMES SQUARE AND HITS CROWDS; 1 DEAD
- SIERRA LAMAR’S MOTHERS CRIES AS SHE REMEMBERS DAUGHTER DURING PENALTY PHASE
- VIDEO: WOMAN AT CENTER OF OPD SEX SCANDAL TESTIFIES AGAINST OFFICER
- WHY AREN’T ALL SEX OFFENDERS LISTED ON MEGAN’S LAW?
- MADERA STUDENT SLIPS LAXATIVE PILL INTO TEACHER’S COFFEE
- DAD LOCKED TODDLER IN CAGE, LEFT DAY-OLD BABY ALONE