WASHINGTON (KRON)– A standoff between Washington wildlife officers and a black bear came to an end Wednesday afternoon after 15 long hours.
The bear climbed into a tree just a few blocks away from an elementary school.
It was in the tree for several hours before officers used flash bangs as an attempt to scare the bear down.
After 11 hours the bear finally climbed down and went up another tree.
Wildlife officers left the scene in hopes that the bear would come down in their absence.
At around 3:30 a.m. Thursday morning, the bear finally climbed down.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: SHOCKING VIDEO SHOWS DAREDEVIL TEENS CLIMBING GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
- 2 DEAD FOLLOWING SHOOTING IN NOVATO
- NORTH KOREAN MISSILE WOULD HIT SAN FRANCISCO IN 30-34 MINUTES
- SUSPECTED NOROVIRUS OUTBREAK AT SOUTH BAY SCHOOLS
- ARE HIGH-RISK SEX OFFENDERS REALLY WHERE THEY SAY THEY ARE?
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: MAN DUCT TAPED TO A BMW ON OAKLAND FREEWAY