PINOLE (KRON)–A pedestrian was struck and killed by a Capitol Corridor train in Pinole Thursday morning, according to Amtrak and the Contra Costa County coroner’s office.
The accident happened near Tennett Avenue and Railroad Avenue and involved Train No. 520, which runs from Oakland’s Jack London Square to Sacramento, Amtrak spokesman Marc Magliari said.
The collision was first reported around 6:00 a.m.
No injuries were reported among the 57 people on board the train.
The passengers are being transferred to train No. 522, which runs along the same route, Magliari said.
— Lydia Pantazes (@LydiaPantazes) May 18, 2017
#CapitolCorridor delays due to a Medical emergency between Richmond and Martinez. Plan ahead.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) May 18, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: SHOCKING VIDEO SHOWS DAREDEVIL TEENS CLIMBING GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
- 2 DEAD FOLLOWING SHOOTING IN NOVATO
- NORTH KOREAN MISSILE WOULD HIT SAN FRANCISCO IN 30-34 MINUTES
- SUSPECTED NOROVIRUS OUTBREAK AT SOUTH BAY SCHOOLS
- ARE HIGH-RISK SEX OFFENDERS REALLY WHERE THEY SAY THEY ARE?
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: MAN DUCT TAPED TO A BMW ON OAKLAND FREEWAY