CALIFORNIA (AP) – Police say a California eighth-grader might face criminal charges after he put laxative pills in his teacher’s coffee.
The Fresno Bee reports a teacher at Jack G. Desmond Middle School had seen eight pills fall into a sink Monday after she dumped out her cold coffee.
The teacher reported the incident to the principal and police had been called the next day.
Madera Police Sgt. Mark Trukki says it appears the pills did not dissolve.
Students had said they saw a boy with pills. Police asked the boy about the incident and he confessed.
It’s possible that the student violated a penal code for poisoning food or drink. The case has been turned over to juvenile probation for review, which could submit it to the District Attorney’s Office.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: SHOCKING VIDEO SHOWS DAREDEVIL TEENS CLIMBING GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
- 2 DEAD FOLLOWING SHOOTING IN NOVATO
- NORTH KOREAN MISSILE WOULD HIT SAN FRANCISCO IN 30-34 MINUTES
- SUSPECTED NOROVIRUS OUTBREAK AT SOUTH BAY SCHOOLS
- ARE HIGH-RISK SEX OFFENDERS REALLY WHERE THEY SAY THEY ARE?
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: MAN DUCT TAPED TO A BMW ON OAKLAND FREEWAY