WATSONVILLE, Calif. (AP) – California authorities say a brain surgeon and two nurses have been charged in a child sex abuse ring involving seven victims under 13.
Watsonville police Capt. Jorge Zamora said Thursday that Dr. James Kohut, Emily Johnson and Rashel Brandon have been arrested and charged with sex crimes with children.
Zamora said the children have been placed in protective custody. It was unclear if the suspects are represented by lawyers.
Zamora said investigators were given a video they say shows the abuse and was recorded in a nearby hotel.
Zamora declined to discuss relationships among the defendants and children.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE BOY DIES AFTER GETTING MENINGITIS
- CAR DRIVES WRONG WAY IN TIMES SQUARE AND HITS CROWDS; 1 DEAD
- SIERRA LAMAR’S MOTHERS CRIES AS SHE REMEMBERS DAUGHTER DURING PENALTY PHASE
- VIDEO: WOMAN AT CENTER OF OPD SEX SCANDAL TESTIFIES AGAINST OFFICER
- WHY AREN’T ALL SEX OFFENDERS LISTED ON MEGAN’S LAW?
- MADERA STUDENT SLIPS LAXATIVE PILL INTO TEACHER’S COFFEE
- DAD LOCKED TODDLER IN CAGE, LEFT DAY-OLD BABY ALONE