BALTIMORE (AP) — Kentucky Derby winner Always Dreaming is taking heavy action in early wagering for this weekend’s Preakness.
The 4-5 favorite on the morning line, Always Dreaming opened at 1-5 when advance betting began Friday afternoon.
Arkansas Derby winner Classic Empire was second at 5-1.
The other eight horses were in double digits, with Gunnevera the third choice at 14-1.
Odds will fluctuate up to the start of the race, scheduled for 6:48 p.m. Saturday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES IN SHOOTING AT SAN JOSE WEINERSCHNITZEL RESTAURANT
- 5 HOSPITALIZED AFTER EATING NACHO CHEESE AT SACRAMENTO GAS STATION
- BOMB SQUAD DIFFUSING SCARY SITUATION AT SAN JOSE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- PARENTS: MISSING RICHMOND TEEN COULD BE VICTIM OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- MISSISSIPPI TEENS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION TO DEATH OF 6-YEAR-OLD BOY
- CONTROVERSIAL BILL WOULD END LIFETIME REGISTRATION FOR CERTAIN SEX OFFENDERS
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: A CEMETERY IS NOT A CITY PARK