PALO ALTO (KRON) — All lanes of northbound U.S. Highway 101 are open after a fatal traffic collision involving a motorcycle and another vehicle had closed all but one lane of the highway in Palo Alto Saturday night, according to California Highway Patrol officials.
At about 8:40 p.m., officers responded to reports of the collision just north of the Embarcadero Road on-ramp and issued a Sig-alert a short time later.
As of about 9:10 p.m., only the slow lane was open to traffic, according to the CHP.
At 12:50 a.m., the CHP announced that all lanes were open to traffic and the Sig-alert was canceled.
No additional details of the collision were immediately available.
Fatal motorcycle crash NB 101 just north of Embarcadero. Avoid the area! 3 left lanes closed for investigation pic.twitter.com/6eOJUPzrM3
— CHP RWC (@CHP_RedwoodCity) May 21, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES IN SHOOTING AT SAN JOSE WEINERSCHNITZEL RESTAURANT
- 5 HOSPITALIZED AFTER EATING NACHO CHEESE AT SACRAMENTO GAS STATION
- BOMB SQUAD DIFFUSING SCARY SITUATION AT SAN JOSE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- PARENTS: MISSING RICHMOND TEEN COULD BE VICTIM OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- MISSISSIPPI TEENS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION TO DEATH OF 6-YEAR-OLD BOY
- CONTROVERSIAL BILL WOULD END LIFETIME REGISTRATION FOR CERTAIN SEX OFFENDERS
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: A CEMETERY IS NOT A CITY PARK