SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–Famed culinary academy, Le Cordon Bleu, celebrated its 40th commencement ceremony on Saturday and while the happy graduates cheered their accomplishments it was a bittersweet occasion.
Saturday’s graduation was the last ceremony as all 16 U.S. affiliated of the international cooking school will close at the end of 2017.
The company that owns the U.S. affiliates cited the impact of the federal government’s new regulations on career colleges for its’ decision.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES IN SHOOTING AT SAN JOSE WEINERSCHNITZEL RESTAURANT
- 5 HOSPITALIZED AFTER EATING NACHO CHEESE AT SACRAMENTO GAS STATION
- BOMB SQUAD DIFFUSING SCARY SITUATION AT SAN JOSE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- PARENTS: MISSING RICHMOND TEEN COULD BE VICTIM OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- MISSISSIPPI TEENS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION TO DEATH OF 6-YEAR-OLD BOY
- CONTROVERSIAL BILL WOULD END LIFETIME REGISTRATION FOR CERTAIN SEX OFFENDERS
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: A CEMETERY IS NOT A CITY PARK