NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman trying to get pregnant via artificial insemination called police because she feared the thermos she was using to store sperm and dry ice might explode.
The woman, who we will not name, sought the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office help after she forgot to remove a rubber O-ring from the container.
The next thing she knew, the incident was all over social media. That’s because the sheriff’s office posted details on Facebook.
She told the Tampa Bay Times she was upset because the post was not removed Friday.
She was not identified by name but she said she was mortified that enough information was posted for her to be identified.
The sheriff’s office defended its action, saying it was important to provide the type of safety information contained in the post.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES IN SHOOTING AT SAN JOSE WEINERSCHNITZEL RESTAURANT
- 5 HOSPITALIZED AFTER EATING NACHO CHEESE AT SACRAMENTO GAS STATION
- BOMB SQUAD DIFFUSING SCARY SITUATION AT SAN JOSE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- PARENTS: MISSING RICHMOND TEEN COULD BE VICTIM OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- MISSISSIPPI TEENS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION TO DEATH OF 6-YEAR-OLD BOY
- CONTROVERSIAL BILL WOULD END LIFETIME REGISTRATION FOR CERTAIN SEX OFFENDERS
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: A CEMETERY IS NOT A CITY PARK